I, Chandler, will admit that I love matcha.
There. I said it.
In drinks, smoothies, food, you name it.
Matcha pancakes thought are a new thing for me and are my go to when I am wanting a little sweetness for breakfast!
Now I have made them a few different ways and I will tell you what WORKS.
I have dealt with many fails of matcha pancakes in my day (a couple weeks worth), and thought it might be worth sharing with you (potential fellow matcha enthusiasts).
Now what is Matcha you may be wondering…
- a mood-enhancing, antioxidant powerhouse
- a natural weightloss aid, pH balancer and detox agent
- a sugar-free coffee alternative without the jitters
And you may also ask, “What other benefits can Matcha offer me?”
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
(Basically it is a miracle powder.)
- Homemade pancakes (always #1 in my book) + 2 tsp of Matcha
- Lets be real right now. Nothing beats homemade, from scratch, pancakes. They are fluffy and taste like perfection. Matcha, being perfect, is the cherry on top.
- Simple, Healthy pancake recipe + 2 tsp Matcha
- This 2 ingredient pancake recipe is amazing for those who want to eat healthy and also enjoy knowing how clean they are eating while still tasting great.
- Kodiak pancake mix (the one with the bear on it) + 2 tsp of Matcha
- Ok so this is definitely more for the protein, whole grainy tasting pancake lovers out there. The people who know what they are eating is good for them and taste isn’t of the utmost importance for them. Still delicious and is packed with protein. (All you have to do is add water!)
Next time you make pancakes, think about putting some matcha powder in to give your pancakes a little bit of a boost not only in color, but in benefits for your body.