“Good habits are worth being fanatical about.”
– John Irving
Going into a new month, I always try to set my intentions and create some goals or habits that I want to adopt for that particular month. November is next week, and time has felt like it has flown past me. It felt like yesterday that I was moving in to my room and starting classes, but in reality that was months ago.
As for morning habits…
- Drink 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day.
- Start off the day, right out of bed, before eating, by drinking 32 oz of water.
- Starting your day by drinking a couple glasses of water helps start and speed up your metabolism.
- Waking up and killing my workout
- I personally prefer working out in the morning. I know some people may think that that is insane BUT I find it satisfying beyond belief. I mean you wake up, grab a little preworkout snack and head to the gym. Once you finish your workout you don’t have a nagging feeling inside of you because you put it off when you snoozed your alarm for 30 minutes. It is done, complete for the day. AND you are more likely to eat healthier if you work out in the morning because you don’t want to ruin that progress!
For day/night habits…
- Turn off all electronics 30 minutes to 2 hours prior to going to sleep.
- Read before turning out the lights (replacing being on my phone).
- Go to sleep in between 10:30 and 11:00 pm.
- Benefits are that you have a healthier heart, you have more energy and you get a better workout the next day. Read more here.
Let me know what habits you are wanting to adopt during November!